The objective of the Norwegian Corporate Governance Board – NUES (Norsk utvalg for eierstyring og selskapsledelse) is to keep the Norwegian Code of Practice updated as well as to promote the Code of Practice both in Norway and internationally.
NUES has eight members. The members are represented by the following:
- Norwegian Institute of Public Accountants, Per Hanstad, Chief Executive Officer
- Institutional Investor Forum¹, Hans Thrane Nielsen
- Finance Norway², Jan Digranes, Director
- Norwegian Society of Financial Analysts, Christina Stray, General Counsel, Folketrygdfondet
- Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise², Halvor E. Sigurdsen, Legal Manager/Lawyer
- Norwegian Association of Private Pension Funds, Christer Drevsjø, Chief Legal Officer/Lawyer
- Oslo Børs, Elisabeth Dyvik, Senior Listing Manager
- Norwegian Mutual Fund Association, Bernt S. Zakariassen, Managing Director
The Board is chaired by Halvor E. Sigurdsen. Stine Winger Minde, Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise, provides secretariat services to the Board.
¹) The members of the Institutional Investor Forum are ABN AMRO Kapitalforvaltning, DNB Kapitalforvaltning, Folketrygdfondet, KLP, Nordea Fondene, Odin Forvaltning, Oslo Pensjonsforsikring, the Ministry of Trade and Industry (Department of Ownership), Statoil Kapitalforvaltning and Storebrand.
²) The Norwegian Financial Services Association and the Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise also represent the Næringslivets Aksjemarkedsutvalg. These two organisations are members of the Næringslivets Aksjemarkedsutvalg together with the Enterprise Federation of Norway and the Norwegian Shipowners’ Association.
NUES is a member organisation of the European Corporate Governance Codes Network.